Register for Between Two Homes Parts 1 & 2,
Managing a High Conflict Partner
or all three = Crash Course
Notice to parties: Please do not book the same course as the ex-parent or ex-spouse.
These workshops are open to all parents raising children while dealing with separation, divorce, custody issues or foster placement. The instructor offers tools and suggestions that can improve the way you communicate, manage emotions, and develop effective co-parenting skills.
There is also information provided that can prepare parents for resolving their family dispute through mediation. Many participants have been referred to these workshops by Alaska's best family law Attorneys and Judges and feedback about these workshops has been very positive.
Anyone can attend but this workshop is primarily focused on helping parents gain information and skills that enable the parent to:
- Build a successful co-parenting relationship so you can stop fighting and start communicating,
- Recognize obstacles to the co-parenting relationship,
- Take advantage of alternatives to litigation,
- Talk to your child about the changes using language he or she can understand,
- Learn the special needs of your child at various stages, from newborn to teenager,
- Create an effective and reasonable co-parenting plan,
- Learn what behaviors, and even what words, can help or potentially hurt your child.