NOW OFFERING ALL THREE SESSIONS IN ONE DAY!
These workshops are open to all parents raising children while dealing with separation, divorce, custody issues or foster placement. The instructor offers tools and suggestions that can improve the way you communicate, manage emotions, and develop effective co-parenting skills. There is also information provided that can prepare parents for resolving their family dispute through mediation.
Who: Anyone can attend but this workshop is primarily focused on helping parents gain information and skills that enable the parent to:
- Build a successful co-parenting relationship so you can stop fighting and start communicating,
- Recognize obstacles to the co-parenting relationship,
- Take advantage of alternatives to litigation,
- Talk to your child about the changes using language he or she can understand,
- Learn the special needs of your child at various stages, from newborn to teenager,
- Create an effective and reasonable co-parenting plan,
- Learn what behaviors, and even what words, can help or potentially hurt your child.
What: Ongoing workshops that are split into three (3) sessions.
- The first workshop instructs participants about the common features of a high conflict personality, why some people are more difficult than others, and learning skills to help communicate effectively with a High Conflict Personality Partner (HCPP).
- The second part of the workshop focuses on adult issues related to co-parenting such as managing emotions, negotiating schedules and keeping children out of the conflict.
- The third workshop will be focused on how conflict impacts the child(ren), child development stages and the needs of children growing up in two homes.
Where: Downtown Anchorage (contact for more info)
Cost: $40.00 per session (includes snacks, lunch materials and follow-up)
Use the registration page to save your seat!