These workshops are open to all parents raising children while dealing with separation, divorce, custody issues or foster placement. The instructor offers tools and suggestions that can improve the way you communicate, manage emotions, and develop effective co-parenting skills. There is also information provided that can prepare parents for resolving their family dispute through mediation.
Who: Anyone can attend but this workshop is primarily focused on helping parents gain information and skills that enable the parent to:
- Build a successful co-parenting relationship so you can stop fighting and start communicating,
- Recognize obstacles to the co-parenting relationship,
- Take advantage of alternatives to litigation,
- Talk to your child about the changes using language he or she can understand,
- Learn the special needs of your child at various stages, from newborn to teenager,
- Create an effective and reasonable co-parenting plan,
- Learn what behaviors, and even what words, can help or potentially hurt your child.
What: Ongoing workshops that are split into three (3) sessions.
- The first part of the workshop focuses on adult issues related to co-parenting such as managing emotions, negotiating schedules and keeping children out of the conflict.
- The second workshop will be focused on how conflict impacts the child(ren), child development stages and the needs of children growing up in two homes.
- The third workshop instructs participants about the common features of a high conflict personality, why some people are more difficult than others, and learning skills to help communicate effectively with a High Conflict Personality Partner (HCPP).
When: Workshops I starts January 6 @ 9:45 AM to 1:00 PM
Workshop II starts January 6 @ 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Workshop III starts January 13 @ 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
*workshops are re-occurring every other Saturday except the second and third Saturdays in February.
Where: The Boardroom at 601 W. 5th Ave. Anchorage, AK 99501 and possibly a second location in the Valley.
Cost: $40.00 per session (includes snack, materials and follow-up) Use the registration page to save your seat!